Sunday, January 31, 2010

taxes

this year, after a long year of working hard, i fianlly got my W-2s.
i was really excited about getting some money back, because i was gonna put that money back in the bank to put towards my apartment.
so yesterday i get all my stuff that i need to file my taxes with and me and my dad go down to H&R block to file.
when i got there i was real excited to file. the lady that usually files our taxes wasnt there because she got held up by the snow that we got. so we had to get another lady to file them.
so we went back to her desk and went through everything. she told me that i owed the government 350 dollars because the average student my age makes about 6000 dollars per year.
i made 14000 this year i was way over and they didnt take out enough taxes from my checks.
but i dont think that was right because the lady acted like she didnt know what she was doing, she didnt know what buttons to push, she had to get up and ask for help three times.
so we put it on hold.
and we are gonna go back and file when the lady that usually does our taxes is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment